I took a little time this morning to transfer my first all grain brew to secondary. It is so much faster to finish up with what I have to do with my brew when I don’t have to bottle. When I was cleaning everything this morning my thermometer cracked. Luckily it looked like just the weight cracked so I cleaned up and didn’t have to worry about the thermometer liquid making a mess. I had a surprisingly low specific gravity when I measured it, and I am not sure what caused it. I hope it doesn’t effect the quality of my brew, but I figure this brew is just about learning and not necessarily quality. If my specific gravity is right I will end up with almost 5% ABV which isn’t bad for me.
Original Specific Gravity: 1.035
Current Specific Gravity: 1.005